Looking for a new opportunity? Try the Virgin Islands Department of Agriculture!
We seek trend-setters, idealists, go-getters, and achievement oriented individuals interested in the development, maintenance, and efficiency of Agriculture in the US Virgin Islands. We are a small, hard-working team and we get our hands dirty!
Peruse our opportunities below, and perhaps the best position will find you.
The slaughtering, butchering, grading, and packing of live stock and poultry in a slaughtering and meat packing establishment.
An employee in this class works under the general supervision of the Assistant Supervisor of Abattoirs. Work is completed in accordance with standard procedures and reviewed for results obtained.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the livestock industry, locker plants, slaughter houses, and processing plants.
- Skill in preparing animals for slaughtering.
- Skill in using butchering tools.
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Two years' experience working with a butcher OR a certificate from a recognized butchering school.