Looking for a new opportunity? Try the Virgin Islands Department of Agriculture!
We seek trend-setters, idealists, go-getters, and achievement oriented individuals interested in the development, maintenance, and efficiency of Agriculture in the US Virgin Islands. We are a small, hard-working team and we get our hands dirty!
Peruse our opportunities below, and perhaps the best position will find you.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the slaughtering, skinning, and dressing cattle, hogs, and sheep on killing floor of our Abattoirs. Directs and trains workers in the use of knives, saws, and other hand tools.
An employee in this position works with the Director of the Abattoir, the Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, and Deputy Commissioner under their direct supervision. Assignments are carried out in accordance with procedures set forth by these administrators. This person is responsible for the day to day operation of the St. Thomas (and St. Croix, as applicable) Abattoir(s).
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the livestock industry, locker plants, slaughter houses, and processing plants.
- Skill in preparing animals for slaughtering.
- Skill in using butchering tools.
- Ability to deal effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or Management or graduation from the twelfth grade with at least eight years of progressively responsible administrative experience in addition to certification in USDA/FSIS.
- Other experience will be considered as necessary.